Call 206-567-9414 for event details or see our online calendar here.
- 13 JLC – Graduation
- 19 Shabbat Potluck
- 21 Annual Meeting
- 29 Super Supper
- 10 Movie Night – A TALE OF LOVE AND DARKNESS
- 26 Super Supper
Friday May 19th, at 6PM, Shabbat gathering at the home of Jeff and Denise Brown. Come join your fellow Shir Hayamers for what is surely going to be a lovely time at the Brown’s home.
The Coordinating Committee of Chavurat Shir Hayam cordially invites you to attend the ANNUAL MEETING Sunday, May 21, 2017 From 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Pru’s House, on the hilltop in the Grand Forest off Mandus Olson Road, the same place as last year’s meeting.
First things first, arrive on time to enjoy the short ice-breaker/get-the-circulation-going bit of Israeli dancing, led by Jessica assisted compassionately by Lisa. Everyone did marvelously last year with the switcheroo circle dance, very impressive!
The MEETING AGENDA will follow:
Community Acknowledgment and Introductions
Committee Reports from
- Adult Ed
- Community Presence
- Jewish Learning Center
- Tikkun Olam
Review Draft of Budget for next year and Approve.
- Governance, i.e., Rolling forward any surplus to next year’s budget;
- Invitation to participate in updating the Shir Hayam Handbook with the Handbook Update Committee.
Coordinating Committee for the coming year.
… and don’t forget the noshing! Please bring something yummy to share.!
DIRECTIONS TO PRU’S HOUSE
- From New Brooklyn Road, turn NORTH onto Mandus-Olsen Road.
- Follow Mandus-Olsen to the Grand Forest East trailhead / road. (It looks like a dead end but is just before Mandus-Olsen veers sharply to the left.)
- Continue (North) into the Grand Forest on the dirt access road—Access road is one lane so be prepared for oncoming traffic; use pull-outs. Follow access road & “Hilltop” signs to parking area at Barn.
- Park at barn & walk right, through the orchard to “Pru’s House” next door.
- TO EXIT: Exit Barn parking area via one-way loop, returning to road. Return to trailhead via same one-lane access road.
To see pictures of the house: http://www.biparks.org/biparks_site/facilities/prues-house.htm
Three Shir Hayamers meet on a morning ferry boat one morning . . . No punch line, just a random occurrence for Carol Rappaport, Craig Jacobrown and Paul Travis!
HAPPENING IN SEATTLE
Storytelling Through Art – Judaism has a long history of storytelling. Often these stories are transmitted through the written word or told orally. At this talk with Rabbi Jill Borodin, we will explore using artistic expression as a meaningful way of sharing stories. Come ready for making art at the interactive session; no experience necessary.
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 10:30 a.m. – noon
RSVP to Rabbi Kate Speizer or call (206) 693-3046 for more information. COST:Free